These kindergarten literacy centers are hands-on learning that you can use at ANY TIME of the year. This set of syllable centers offers 23 individual practice sets for independent center time. You will love these non-seasonal, low prep activities!
Adorable themes keep students engaged but you don’t have to worry about matching your centers to seasonal themes.
Clear student directions with visual “I CAN” cards for each task will keep your students working independently during center time.
How do these kindergarten literacy centers differ from others? These literacy centers offer a multitude of ways to practice sounds and phonics. Each set will offer 8 – 12 hands-on tasks for the students to complete. Our goal here is to never hear, “I’m DONE!” during center time. We want to give students plenty of opportunities to practice sounds and phonics.
Additionally, these literacy centers are not tied to a season so you can rotate these rhyming literacy centers and anytime during your kindergarten year!
You may decide to have students spirally review sounds and phonics all year! These center activities will keep these essential kindergarten skills current and ongoing! Practice makes permanent!
Here is what you find in this set of sounds and phonics literacy centers for kindergarten.
- Each center has 8-12 questions that provide lots of practice!
- “I Can” card which provides visual directions that emergent readers can use independently
- Student response sheet
What are some other ways to use kindergarten literacy centers? These activities were created for kindergarten students to use during center time. However, you can also use them as morning work, small group instruction, interventions, or even an assessment! Some teachers send a set of centers home to be used as a homework activity.
This Kindergarten Literacy Center Pack Includes 23 fun and engaging kindergarten activities:
- Identify the beginning letter literacy center sort (3 literacy center versions)
- Match the beginning sounds literacy center (3 literacy center versions)
- Identify the beginning letter sound center (2 literacy center versions)
- Clip the beginning letter literary center
- Identify the ending letter sound center (2 literacy center versions)
- Clip the ending letter literary center
- Identify the beginning digraph sound center (2 literacy center versions)
- Clip the beginning digraph literary center
- Identify the ending digraph sound center
- Clip the ending digraph literary center
- Identify the beginning blend sound center (2 literacy center versions)
- Clip the beginning blend literary center
- Identify the ending blend sound center (2 literacy center versions)
- Clip the ending blend sound literary center
These literacy centers were created so they could be used at any time in the year. In other words, these literacy centers are not tied to a monthly theme. This will allow you to differentiate your center times.
Prep is quick and easy… Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you’re ready for a fun and engaging class!
NOTE: These literacy centers are purposefully predictable! Once your kindergarten students understand the format of these activities, you can simply switch out the skill and you don’t need to reteach the activity! SCORE! (Go ahead… do the happy dance.)
Isolate and pronounce the initial sounds
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAY…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica S. says, “I love that these are done by skill rather than by theme. I am excited to be able to find activities for rhyming (for example), that doesn’t have to be used at a specific time of year. I can’t wait to use them with my students this year.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ LeQuita G. says, “Easy to use consistently so you do not have to reteach every month.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer T. says, “Students loved the activities and I loved how it allows them to be independent :)”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Primary Sunshine says,“LOVE THESE!!! Easy to pull out and set up and my students can work independently on them. So great!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nancy S. says, “Another great resource to add to my centers! My Kinders will love the variety and I love how easy you make it to help them build their independence! ❤️”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kris J. says, “I was struggling to find resources to support my K-1 ELA students. This bundle was exactly what I needed! Every activity is engaging and purposeful. My kids LOVE the activities.”
Copyright © Deedee Wills
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.