Science of Reading Decodable Readers Bundle | k & 1
Science of Reading Based Decodable Readers
These decodable readers align with our:
Science of Reading Based Not Your Mother’s Sight Words Unit and Engaging Readers Phonics Scope and Sequence.
First of all, these decodable readers are loaded to Seesaw and Google Slides! WOOT!
All you have to do is click each link and each of the decodable book titles will be added to your library! EASY!
Please note, this is a growing bundle. You will simply come back to this page to redownload your resources as it updates.
Here is what you will find in this sight word unit:
- 26 Alphabet Books already added
- 25 CVC Decodable Books already added
- 20 CVC Decodable Digraph Books already added
- 20 CVC Decodable Blends Books already added
- 20 CVCe Decodable Books already added
- 20 Blends & Digraph CVCe Decodable Books already added
- 15 Ending Digraph and Blends Decodable Books already added
- 10 R Controlled Vowels Decodable Books already added
- 10 Vowel Teams Decodable Books already added
- 10 Diphthongs Decodable Books already added
- 7 Syllable Types Anchor Charts and Video Explanations to Support Teachers as they offer explicit instruction.
What are decodable books?
Decodable books are texts that are written with a controlled text that is highly decodable based on the phonics taught so far. Each book will have a decodability of 70% or higher. Most of the books fall within the 80%-90% decodability range.
Each book builds upon previous skills. Within these texts, students will be practicing decoding and encoding. Blending phonemes practice is built into each text.