Science of Reading Not Your Mother's Sight Words | Kindergarten and First Grade
Science of Reading Based for Kindergarten and First Grade Whole Group Instruction
Why are we teaching sight words in isolation? Wouldn’t it make sense to teach these sight words in conjunction with your phonics instruction? Planning it out may feel overwhelming, but I planned out a sight word scope and sequence for kindergarten and first grade!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEACHER-LED ACTIVITY. THE SCOPE AND SEQUENCE ARE ALIGNED TO OUR ENGAGING READERS PHONICS SCOPE AND SEQUENCE:
Here is what you will find in this sight word unit:
- Detailed daily scripted lessons to make your planning a breeze.
- Students will practice daily encoding and decoding.
- Dictation of letters, sounds, and words to teach towards mastery!
- Aligned with Orton-Gillingham best practices
- Multi-sensory lessons!
- Sight word books for each week in a printable PDF and Google Classroom-ready PowerPoint file! (34 for kindergarten)
- Daily Review Powerpoint (editable) set of slides that will review previously taught sounds, blending, and sight words. (180 kindergarten slides)
- Charts for your sound wall are included, plus helpful charts to guide you through the marking of words, sentences, and syllables.
- Scope and sequence for the whole year.
- Sound Wall Cards (editable)
- Flashcards for kindergarten (editable)
- Assessments (also added to ESGI- GET A 2 MONTH FREE TRIAL NOW!)