Want some back to school activities for kindergarten? Your kindergarten students will start the first week of school right with these engaging all about me worksheets and activities! These fun and engaging kindergarten back to school activities will help your students get to know each other and learn to work together in center tasks. It is a great set of activities for the first week of school and more!
Engage your students in back to school fun that lets you learn all about your new students and celebrates new friends. Students will complete an all about me book while learning to write their name, describe their family, learn school rules, and much more! Watch as your students gain independence in the first week of school with these all about me worksheets.
This set of kindergarten back to school activities unit includes:
- All About Me Crown: Students create wearable crowns with a spot to write/draw about their family, friends, and school.
- All About Me Book: Totally customize this book to fit your kindergarten classroom needs.
- Let’s Graph About Us: Get to know your classroom with these fun graphing activities.
- Classroom Quilt: Students write/draw about themselves to create an adorable classroom quilt. Perfect for bringing students together during back to school time.
- Who am I? Family involvement activity, complete with parent letter.
- School Rules Book: Create a book to help students learn about their school rules and school-wide community.
- Family Tree fun! Keepsake idea that is great for family night or as a classroom art or craft project.
- Star of the Day directed drawing activity: Get your students to draw with detail. Students will create illustrations of each of their classmates in the “Star of the Day” drawings.
- 4 independent name center activities: “I Can” cards for stations. Editable so you can enter your own students’ names.
❤️Your students will love learning about their classmates and talking about themselves during this unit of kindergarten back to school activities that are perfect for whole group activities, family involvement, and center activities! Although you may start them during the first week of school, the activities will last you far beyond that.
These all about me worksheets and activities are hands on and will help you with your first week of school lesson plans. Your students will LOVE completing the all about me book and having the opportunity to include their family at school.
The 4 back to school name writing centers are:
- Build their names in with beads
- Dough Names
- Stamping Names
- Clip Names
What teachers are saying about these back to school worksheets and activities? ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “We love this resource. We have been using it every week. The graphing activities were so engaging, and the students are so excited about the family tree. The All About Me booklet was a hit with students and families and a great way to practice routines and procedures!” – Kristin M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was the perfect unit to draw from for beginning of the year activities. I especially love the idea of a Star of the Day to help the kids add details to their drawings/writing!!” – Kim C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I am beyond excited to get all of these things ready for our first couple of weeks back to school! We go back next week and I know what I’ll be prepping this weekend! 🙂 Deedee and the Fab 4 have done a fabulous job including age-appropriate activities that will be interesting and engaging for new Kinders. I love that you have included fine motor skills and creative activities that foster independence and involve families in this special transition to school. Thank you so much!!” – Breanne Y.