Decodable Books with Thematic & Seasonal Texts | Year Long Bundle
Decodable books are an essential part of the Science of Reading approach to instruction. Build strong readers with these seasonal and thematic decodable books that feature back to school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, swimming and many more themes! Not only are these interactive decodable books FUN, they are also ENGAGING! The decodable texts align with the best practices from the Science of Reading.
If you already use my Science of Reading Decodable Books and Not Your Mother’s Reading Curriculum, these books will fit in perfectly. They will offer additional practice that your emergent readers will love.
Do you use my Decodable Readers Guided Reading Science of Reading Curriculum? These books will fit right in! Lesson plans are not included for these books, but you can use these for extra practice to extend the units.
Here are the phonics blending skills that are included in this BUNDLE of decodable readers:
- CVC Words
- CVCe Words
- Digraph Words
- Blends Words
Here are the titles that are included in this BUNDLE of decodable books:
- The Pool Decodable Book—Wes and Dad go swimming in the pool!
- Ready for School Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about getting ready for school and the school supplies we need.
- School Lunch Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about eating lunch at school.
- My First Day of School Decodable Book—in this book, students will learn about exciting events that take place on the first day of school!
- The Carnival Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about carnival rides, hot dogs, friends and more!
- I Can Stay Safe Decodable Book—students will learn about fire safety and when to call 9-1-1.
- Firefighters Win Decodable Book—Pat watches the ten firefighters put the fire out.
- Max’s Pumpkin Decodable Book—Max makes a jack-o-lantern!
- Shapes are Fun! Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about real-life objects and the shapes they may be.
- Halloween Decodable Book—Wes and Tim see many different things on Halloween!
- Fall Trees Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the different colored leaves that fall brings.
- Apples on the Trees Decodable Book—Max and Ben can see apples on trees!
- I Like Fall Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about apples, leaves, and pumpkins.
- Fall Foods Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the different foods that fall brings such as pears, apples, and beets.
- It is Thanksgiving! Decodable Book—Jen sets the table and the rest of the family help get ready for Thanksgiving Dinner, too!
- ·Winter Sleepers Decodable Book—this book is about animals that sleep in the winter.
- Making Cookies Decodable Book—Sam, Mom and Ben make cookies, yum!
- My Gingerbread Man Decodable Book—students will read about how Gingerbread cookies are fun to make and fun to eat.
- Who’s Coming? Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the night before Christmas.
- Mel Got Gifts Decodable Book—Gus, Mel, Mom and Dad receive gifts!
- Ben Goes Fishing Decodable Book—students will read about the supplies needed to go fishing.
- Hot Chocolate Decodable Book—Jan drinks hot chocolate in her mug.
- Look at the Snow! Decodable Book—Snow is falling everywhere!
- Poor Ted Decodable Book—Ted gets wet in the snow!
- Time to Rest Decodable Book– in this book, students will read about animals that rest in the winter.
- Valentine Fun Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about fun activities on Valentine’s Day!
- Many Helpers Decodable Book—in this book, students will learn about different community helpers.
- My Body is Amazing! Decodable Book—in this book, students will learn about our bones, heart, brain, muscles, and lungs!
- Space is a Cool Place Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the stars, planets, sun, and moon!
- What will Phil See? Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about Groundhog Day!
- Is it Spring? Decodable Book—in this book, students read about the beginning of Spring.
- Greg Plants a Seed Decodable Book—Greg plants a seed and waters his seed.
- The Bug! Decodable Book—Meg sees a bug with six legs!
- Sam’s Kite Decodable Book—Sam and Dad fly the kite.
- I Like Rain Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about clothes we can wear in the rain.
- I Help the Earth Decodable Book—students will read about different ways to help the Earth.
- The Egg Hunt Decodable Book—Jake looks for eggs!
- On the Farm Decodable Book—Beth sees different animals on the farm.
- At the Pond Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the different animals at the pond.
- Farm Food Decodable Book—students will read about the different foods that come from a farm.
- My Five Senses Decodable Book—students will read about our five senses.
- At the Zoo Decodable Book—this book is about the fun animals at the Zoo.
- From Egg to Butterfly Decodable Book—this book is about the stages from egg to butterfly.
- Ants, Ants, Ants Decodable Book—Mack sees a lot of ants.
- Life in the Ocean, in this book, students will read about the different animals that live in the ocean.
- Fishing Decodable Book—Mitch and Jane go fishing with worms.
- Kate’s Birthday Lunch Decodable Book—Mom has a birthday lunch for Kate.
- At the Beach Decodable Book—Chad rides the waves and has fun at the beach.
- Summer Fun Decodable Book—in this book, students will read about the fun activities in the summer.
- Ready for Camping Decodable Book—in this book, a family packs for a camping trip.
Features you will love in these seasonal and thematic books.
- These are low prep!
- Simply print, staple, then cut.
- Students will match the photo to the sentences in the decodable readers.
- Engaging and supporting images that will not interfere with the best practices of the Science of Reading or Orton – Gillingham approach to instruction.
- You will love the word bank that supports your students with the words that are not decodable.
- Decodable word library at the beginning of each reader.
How can I differentiate these decodable texts?
Each month has 5 different books. At the beginning of the year, you may wish to read this with your students. As the year progresses you will gradually release responsibility and have your students do more of the decoding work.
Together with your students, you can search and circle the target phonics skills you wish to have students focus on.
Why are the pictures not already in the decodable books?
The Science of Reading asks students to rely on decoding instead of looking at the picture. After the books have been read, then students will love adding the pictures to each page.
Do these thematic and decodable readers align with the best practices of the Science of Reading? You bet! These books have been specifically written with the Orton – Gillingham approach in mind. You can feel confident that these books are not only fun, they are also effective.