Kindergarten Worksheets – Community Helpers Beginning Phonics Skills
Kindergarten phonics worksheets to practice letter identification and letter sounds. These printable phonics worksheets are a great way for young learners to practice phonics skills early in the school year.
Use these Community Helpers themed phonics worksheets to supplement your phonics lessons. This worksheet packet of no prep worksheets are perfect for your classroom and can be used for morning work or extra practice to help support basic concepts. Kindergarten teachers agree that these practically free phonics worksheets make learning fun and engaging. Each set of activities was made with kindergarten students in mind. These dollar deal worksheets just need to be simply printed out, and your kindergarten students are ready to learn!
Kindergarten Phonics Worksheets: Community Helpers Theme
Here are the printable activities included in this set:
- Letter Sort: Students cut out the letters and glue each letter to identify the uppercase letters and also the lowercase letters.
- Beginning Sound Sort: Students cut apart and glue pictures on their printable worksheet that begin with the letters F and K.
- Uppercase Letter Tracing: Students practice fine motor skills with these tracing worksheets.
- Lowercase Letter Tracing: The first step to letter identification is to practice tracing letters. This fun worksheet allows students to do just that.
- Initial Sounds Worksheet: Students say the picture name and identify and color the first letter to show the correct sound.
- Letter of the Alphabet Matching: Students identify the matching lowercase letter and color the correct letter.
- Sound Recognition Matching: Students draw lines to match the pictures that have the same beginning sound.
- Color the Pictures: Students color the pictures based on their initial sounds: z, u, b, j
- Letter and Word Sort: Students sort the simple words and letters in this cut and paste activity.
- Rhyming Words: Students match the rhyming CVC words.
More Phonics Worksheets:
Are you looking for other phonics skills? Here are additional phonics worksheet sets:
- Worksheets for practicing word families with short vowels
- Alphabet Activities: Letter Recognition and Initial Sounds
- Consonant Digraphs
- Consonant Blends Worksheets
- CVC Word Worksheets
- CVCe Word Worksheets
- CVC Digraph Worksheets
This downloadable worksheet set is on the kindergarten level and work well for young children who need to practice early literacy skills. However, you will find these printables provide helpful practice regardless of the child’s age.
Who Loves These Worksheets?
- Kindergarten teachers because of their no prep design.
- Homeschool parents because of low ink requirements and engaging activities
- Kindergarten students! These early learners will love them because they are lots of fun!
Are You Looking for Different Subjects Dollar Deal Kindergarten or First Grade Worksheets?
You will find a variety of printables that are geared toward younger kids. From basic addition and other math skills to the letters of the alphabet and more. You will even find theme worksheets
Check out these Dollar Deal ELA and Literacy Skills Worksheets!
- All Literacy Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Phonics Worksheets and Phonemic Awareness Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Grammar Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Sight Words Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Sentence Writing Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
Check out these Dollar Deal Basic Math Worksheets!
- All Math Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Math Addition and Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Measurement Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Geometry Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Place Value Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
- All Counting and Number Sense Worksheets for Kindergarten and First Grade
Where Can I Find Free Printable Worksheets and Activities for Kindergarten and First Grade?
I have been creating resources for many years. I often include free downloads in many of my blog posts. You can check out my free resource library by clicking: