These Back to School Math and Literacy Dice Centers are perfect for August and September. The pocket cubes are a perfect way to increase student engagement. They are so EASY to swap out each month. This will be a staple center in your kindergarten classroom where you can focus on literacy skills and math skills.
These August and September center activities have a few EDITABLE RESPONSE PAGES. In this way, you and target the exact skills you want your classroom OR individual student to focus on during their center time.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE BACK TO SCHOOL AND APPLE THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2014 version):
- Apple-i-ous Letters: Roll and write the letters or trace the letters. The response page is editable so you can choose the letters you are working on.
- Apple Picking Time – Students roll the dice and write the letters on the apples to the finish line.
- Write On Sounds: Beginning Sounds roll and write literacy center activity The response page is editable so you can target the beginning sounds that fit your kindergarten kiddos needs.
- Wonderful Words (School-themed sight word activity): This sight word center activity has an editable cube and response page.
- Sticky Numbers: Students will roll the dice and trace or write the numbers in this math center activity.
- The Bus Stops Here: Students will roll the dice, count the ten frames and trace or write the numbers in this math center activity.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE BACK TO SCHOOL AND ANIMAL THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2022 version):
- Applicious Letters: Students will practice writing and tracing letters. EDITABLE
- Try’n Lion Sounds: Students will roll the die and write the beginning sounds.
- Watch OUT Sounds: Students roll the die and shade the book that has the same beginning sound. This center features beginning sounds: b, t, j, m, c.
- Give a Dog a Bone: Students roll the die and shade the bone that has the same beginning sound. This center features beginning sounds: d, l, n ,r, s.
- Back to School Counting Syllables: Students will roll the die and shade the picture that matches the syllables on the pencil cards.
- Colorful Words: Students will roll the dice and write the sight words. This literacy center has an editable response page so you can targe the sight words you are working on.
- Pick of the Bushel Counting Apples: Students will practice counting and writing numerals up to 10. This math center has an editable response page so you can target the numerals students need to practice.
- Back to School Fun: Students will roll the die and shade the school-themed object that has the same amount.
- Counting on Back to School: Students will roll the die and trace the numbers, then count on to 100.
- Counting School Objects: Students will Roll the die then shade the number of objects to match. There is a response sheet for counting objects 1-6 and counting objects 5-10 in this math center activity.
- Shape Rolling- Students roll the die and shade the object that has the same shape.
TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE THESE CENTER ACTIVITIES!
YOU get to decide the skills you want your students to focus on. Editable response pages and interchangeable cards allow you to differentiate and focus your students’ practice work. YOU can select which letters, sounds, words, or numeracy skills you want your student to focus on during math centers or literary centers. Many provide a variety of levels for differentiation.
These kindergarten center activities are intentionally predictable. No surprises! In this way, you will free up instructional time so you can meet with your small groups. Meanwhile, your students will be working in a meaningful way during center time.
2022 COMPLETE UPDATE FOR FREE!
I originally created this set of math and literacy centers in 2014. In 2022, I sat down and updated them. I have included the older version in the zipped file in the event you want to use some of the activities from the past.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THE YEAR-LONG BUNDLE:
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE CUBES. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD.
You can purchase the cubes at teacher stores or you can buy them on Amazon.