These Christmas and Winter Math and Literacy Dice Centers are perfect for December. The pocket cubes are a perfect way to increase student engagement. They are so EASY to swap out each month. This will be a staple center in your kindergarten classroom where you can focus on literacy skills and math skills.
These December center activities have a few EDITABLE RESPONSE PAGES. In this way, you and target the exact skills you want your classroom OR individual student to focus on during their center time.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE CHRISTMAS AND WINTER THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2014 version):
- Run! Run! Run! for Vowels: Students will roll the dice and color the word with the same vowel sound.
- Holly Holly Sounds: Ending Sounds roll and write literacy center activity The response page is editable so you can target the ending sounds that fit your kindergarten kiddos needs.
- Snowy Syllables: Students roll the dice and color in a snowball for each syllable of the word.
- Dashing Words: (Reindeer-themed sight word activity): This sight word center activity has an editable cube and response page.
- Evergreen Numbers: Students will roll the dice and trace or write the numbers in this math center activity. This math center activity has 2 editable response pages and a before and after page where students will write the number they roll on the tree, then write the number that comes before and after that number.
- Cooking up 10: Roll the dice and color the Christmas cookies red then color the remaining Christmas cookies green to make 10.
- Chilly Friends: Students will roll the die and count the numbers on the ten frames then write or trace them. This activity has 2 editable response pages if you would like students to trace the numbers.
- Chilly Friends What’s Next: Students will write the number they roll on the carrot nose then write the next two numbers.
- Tally Boot Scoot: Students will roll the die and count the tally marks then write or trace the numbers. This activity has an editable response page if you would like to pick the numbers your students practice.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE CHRISTMAS AND WINTER THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2022 version):
- Winter Time Letters: Students will practice writing and tracing letters. The response page is editable so you can choose the letters you are working on.
- Snowball Fight Building CVC Words: Students will roll two dice to create a CVC word. They will then determine if the word is a real word or nonsense word and write it on the response page.
- Frosty Beginning Sounds: Students roll the die and shade the snowman that has the same beginning sound. This center features beginning sounds: b, g, k, l, r.
- Frosty Ending Sounds: Students roll the die and shade the snowman that has the same ending sound. This center features ending sounds: b, g, k, l, r.
- Winter Wonderland Rhymes: Roll the dice and shade the picture that rhymes.
- Gingerbread Words: Students will roll the dice and write the sight words. This literacy center has an editable response page so you can targe the sight words you are working on.
- Goody Goody Gumdrops: Students will practice counting and writing numerals up to 10 by counting the gumdrops the gingerbread man is holding. This math center has an editable response page so you can target the numerals students need to practice. There is also a before and after response sheet where students will write the number they roll then write the number that comes before and after.
- Sweet Treats: Students will roll the dice and write the numbers on the cupcake then write the next two numbers.
- Sweet Treats Counting On: Students will roll the die and trace the numbers, then count on to 100.
- Sipping Hot Cocoa: Students will roll the dice and color the marshmallows red, then color the remaining marshmallows green to make 10.
- Special Delivery Numeral Practice: Students roll the die and write the number of tally marks.
- Special Delivery Comparing Amounts: Roll the dice and write the numbers by the envelope, color the envelope that is more green and the envelope that is less red.
- The Perfect Tree (This activity features 3D shape practice): Students roll the dice and shade the object that has the same 3D shape.
TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE THESE CENTER ACTIVITIES!
YOU get to decide the skills you want your students to focus on. Editable response pages and interchangeable cards allow you to differentiate and focus your students’ practice work. YOU can select which letters, sounds, words, or numeracy skills you want your student to focus on during math centers or literary centers. Many provide a variety of levels for differentiation.
These kindergarten center activities are intentionally predictable. No surprises! In this way, you will free up instructional time so you can meet with your small groups. Meanwhile, your students will be working in a meaningful way during center time.
2022 COMPLETE UPDATE FOR FREE!
I originally created this set of math and literacy centers in 2014. In 2022, I sat down and updated them. I have included the older version in the zipped file in the event you want to use some of the activities from the past.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THE YEAR-LONG BUNDLE:
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE CUBES. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD.
You can purchase the cubes at teacher stores or you can buy them on Amazon.