These Winter Math and Literacy Pocket Dice Centers are perfect for January. The pocket cubes are a perfect way to increase student engagement. They are so EASY to swap out each month. This will be a staple center in your kindergarten classroom where you can focus on literacy skills and math skills.
These January center activities have a few EDITABLE RESPONSE PAGES. In this way, you and target the exact skills you want your classroom OR individual student to focus on during their center time.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE WINTER THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2014 version):
- Snow Many Sounds: Short Vowel Sounds roll and write literacy center activity
- Snow Many Sounds: Digraph Beginning Sounds word families roll and write literacy center activity
- A Flurry of Sounds: Ending Sounds 2 Different roll and write response page options. The response page is editable so you can target the ending sounds that fit your kindergarten kiddos needs.
- Zooming Words: Build CVC short a words then write them as a real word or a nonsense word.
- Fishy Syllables: Students will listen for the syllables.
- Ice Fort of Words: This sight word center activity has an editable cube and response page.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE WINTER THEMED LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (2022 version):
- Smitten with Mittens Counting: Students will practice counting objects and recording their responses.
- Smitten with Mittens Before and After: Students will write the numbers that come before and after the number they rolled.
- Snowball Fight Making 10: Students will complete the image to make 10. Then record their math number statement.
- Snowball Fight Addition: Students will create, record, and solve the equations.
- Counting on Fish: Counting on by 1. Students will record the number they rolled then count on.
- Counting on Fish: Counting on to 100. Students will continue to count on as they roll their way to 100.
- Winter Best Friends Counting Tally Marks: Students will practice writing their numerals up to 20. This math center has an editable response page so you can target the numerals students need to practice.
- Winter Best Friends Comparing Tally Marks Students will read the tally marks then compare the amounts.
TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE THESE CENTER ACTIVITIES!
YOU get to decide the skills you want your students to focus on. Editable response pages and interchangeable cards allow you to differentiate and focus your students’ practice work. YOU can select which letters, sounds, words, or numeracy skills you want your student to focus on during math centers or literary centers. Many provide a variety of levels for differentiation.
These kindergarten center activities are intentionally predictable. No surprises! In this way, you will free up instructional time so you can meet with your small groups. Meanwhile, your students will be working in a meaningful way during center time.
2022 COMPLETE UPDATE FOR FREE!
I originally created this set of math and literacy centers in 2014. In 2022, I sat down and updated them. I have included the older version in the zipped file in the event you want to use some of the activities from the past.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THE YEAR-LONG BUNDLE:
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE CUBES. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD.
You can purchase the cubes at teacher stores or you can buy them on Amazon.