SUPER CHARGE your read-aloud lesson plans with these print and teach activities for Night Tree by Eve Bunting! These interactive reading lesson plans will guide you through your daily instruction in reading comprehension, responding to literature, sentence studies with mentor sentences, crafts, and more!
These No Prep Print and Go Lesson Plans will save your teaching life! SERIOUSLY!!!
WHY TEACHERS LOVE THESE READ-ALOUD LESSONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- These book lessons are so easy to use. Our scripted lessons take the guesswork out of your interactive read alouds planning!
- Reading Comprehension skills are taught spirally all year. This research-based approach helps make practice permanent and ensures students will revisit various reading comprehension skills in REAL WORLD literature.
- Tier 2 Vocabulary is introduced and studied each week with lessons that stick!
- A variety of comprehension assessments that include scoring rubrics, multiple-choice, and true/false tests.
- Common Core State Standards and TEKS standards-aligned for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
HOW DO THE ENGAGING READERS READ ALOUD LESSONS WORK?
The teacher does the reading work while the students do the thinking work. These lessons are grounded in research. It is said that the person doing the most talking is the person who is doing the most learning. SO these lessons scaffold instruction to get students talking. Side-by-side, students learn comprehension strategies such as Predicting, Visualizing, Retelling, Text Details, Connecting, Inferring, Character Analysis, Opinion Writing and so much more. You won’t believe how quickly students fall in love with your read-aloud time.
Brain research reveals that reading comprehension starts with listening comprehension. Since kindergarten, first-grade students, and second-grade students have listening skills that far surpass their ability to decode words, it is imperative that they participate in daily deep conversations surrounding books that allow them to strengthen their thinking! Don’t wait! Start building pathways to deeper thinking today!
These units can be used on their own or as a supplement to your current reading curriculum. They are simply the easiest and most enjoyable way to drive up student engagement. Join the thousands of teachers who have transformed their ELA block.
EACH BOOK INCLUDES DAILY:
- 5 Day Interactive read-aloud discussion lesson plans
- Reading comprehension strategies to help all students deepen their connections and engagement to books. A variety of response page options are available so you can select the one that works best for your students.
- Full-color pictorial retelling cards that can be printed or used as a PowerPoint pictorial retelling file for your whiteboard. This sets students up for success! The pictures support students as they strengthen their oral language.
- Interactive writing to support your students where they are.
- Anchor chart ideas for comprehension strategies for each book
- Vocabulary study
- A craft
- Rubrics for each response activity
- True/False comprehension assessment
- Multiple choice comprehension assessment
- Common Core Standards and TEKS standards checklist
- Additionally, reading and phonics assessments have been added to ESGI which you can access for FREE with your ESGI subscription.
- You can get 2 months of ESGI for FREE by clicking https://www.esgisoftware.com/ and using code PD825.
FEEDBACK FROM TEACHERS JUST LIKE YOU!
Tiffany S. (Kindergarten) says, “Thank you so much for this pack. I cannot believe how extensive it is!! I love the organization and how you have referenced the CCSS. I love that it is scaffolded and that the pack is designed to work with students on different levels. The activities are appealing to students, as well. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! This is a kindergarten reading teacher’s dream!! ”
Mary C. (2nd grade) says, “This resource has sooo much stuff I don’t even know how to start telling you how amazing it is!!! It really is all right inside the files! It’s nice to not have to search for stuff or make stuff up myself to go with a story. This even has anchor charts and interactive notebook pages!! LOVE IT!!!!!”
Chris J. says, “I love these units so much! They are the best thing I have ever purchased on TPT. These weekly units are so easy to prep and plan for because everything is included and everything is AMAZING!! I used one of these lessons for my observation and my principal couldn’t believe the level that my students were able to infer and talk about the text. Thank you for making me look so good!!”
Joelle Gere says, “These lessons are amazing! This work prepares students for thinking as they listen/read. Students are learning thinking strategies and better preparing themselves for what is expected in grades 1 and up. I love the titles we have read so far. The student pages vary so I can use the easier sheets at the beginning of the year with my kinders who can only illustrate. By the end of the year we can transition to the assignments with lines and my students will be able to grow and show all their thinking and learning with pictures and words. I wish I had found this resource years ago!”
NOTE: This isn’t a packet of worksheets. These Engaging Readers read aloud lessons and activities actually guide you through the process of using quality read-aloud books to teach the standards for reading comprehension.
This interactive read-aloud unit will save you hours of work because EVERYTHING is all planned out with easy-to-follow lesson plans. Just add the book!
Just PRINT and TEACH! These read-aloud lessons focus on one book and take you through a variety of lessons to get your kids reading like never before.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Are these research-based lessons?
A: Yes! We have extensively researched the best practices surrounding reading instruction. You will find the resources that guided our thinking in the preview.
Q: Will these work with my current reading program?
A: Absolutely! Use the components that work best for your students.