Science of Reading Based Sight Word Instruction | Second Grade Growing Bundle
Growing Bundle Science of Reading Based Second Grade Whole Group instruction
Please note, this is a presale, the file will be completed as follows:
- Weeks 1-5 ready to download
- Weeks 6-10 ready to download
- Weeks 11-15 by June 18
- Weeks 16 – 2- by June 25
- Weeks 21-25 by July 2
- Weeks 26 – 30 by July 15
- Weeks 31-36 by July 22
We will do our best to adhere to the schedule and the proposed scope and sequence.
Why are we teaching sight words in isolation? Wouldn’t it make sense to teach these sight words in conjunction with your phonics instruction? Planning it out may feel overwhelming, but I planned out a sight word scope and sequence for kindergarten, first grade, and now second grade!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEACHER-LED ACTIVITY. THE SCOPE AND SEQUENCE ARE ALIGNED TO OUR ENGAGING READERS PHONICS SCOPE AND SEQUENCE:
Here is what you will find in this sight word unit:
- Detailed daily scripted lessons to make your planning a breeze.
- Students will practice daily encoding and decoding.
- Dictation of letters, sounds, and words to teach towards mastery!
- Aligned with Orton-Gillingham best practices
- Multi-sensory lessons!
- Sight word books for each week in a printable PDF and Google Classroom-ready PowerPoint file!
- Daily Review Powerpoint (editable) set of slides that will review previously taught sounds, blending, and sight words. (180 kindergarten slides)
- Charts for your sound wall are included, plus helpful charts to guide you through the marking of words, sentences, and syllables.
- Scope and sequence for the whole year.
- Sound Wall Cards (editable)
- Flashcards for Second Grade(editable)
- Assessments (also added to ESGI- GET A 2 MONTH FREE TRIAL NOW!)