These phonics board games for kindergarten or first grade are based on the Science of Reading. This set of phonics games allows students to practice CVC Words and Vowel Team Words. Because they are non-seasonal, students can play these board games throughout the entire year!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS YEAR-LONG BUNDLE OF PHONICS GAMES:
- ALL ABOARD PHONICS GAME – ABC game and CVC game
- CLASS PET PHONICS GAME – ABC game and CVC game
- THE RACE IS ON PHONICS GAME – Beginning Sounds game & digraphs game
- TRAVEL ADVENTURES PHONICS GAME – Beginning Sounds game & digraphs game
- BURIED TREASURE PHONICS GAME – Beginning Sounds game & Blends game
- FARM FUN PHONICS GAME – Beginning Sounds game & Blends game
- PAJAMA PARTY – CVC game and CVCe game
- LET’S GO TO THE CIRCUS PHONICS GAME – CVC game and CVCe game
- LET’S GO SHOPPING PHONICS GAME – CVC game and CVCe game
- THE GREAT BAKE OFF PHONICS GAME – CVC game and CVCE game
- ROCK ON PHONICS GAME – CVC game and Vowel Teams game
- TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME PHONICS GAME – CVC game & Vowel Teams game
WHICH PHONICS SKILLS WILL I FIND IN THIS BUNDLE?
- Uppercase and lowercase letters: Each letter of the alphabet in upper and lower case.
- Initial Sounds Over 50 beginning sound cards!
- Beginning and Ending Digraphs Over 40 beginning and ending digraphs.
- Beginning Blends Over 40 beginning and ending blends.
- CVC words: There are over 220 CVC words. You can divide them by their short vowel sound or use them all together!
- CVCe words: There are over 120 CVCe words. You can divide them by their long vowel sound or use them all together!
- VOWEL TEAM words: There are over 60 Vowel Team words. You can divide them by their long vowel sound or use them all together!
HOW TO USE THIS SET OF PHONICS BOARD GAMES:
- Literacy Center Activity
- Small-Group Reading Phonics Warm-Up
- Early Finisher Games
- Morning Tubs
- Intervention Practice
- Rainy Day Recess Activity
HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE THESE PHONICS BOARD GAMES
You can make this game as easy or as difficult as you wish. For example, you may want to only include a few CVC words for those students who are just learning to blend sounds. Other students may play with all of the CVC cards. Similarly, you may have some students working on reading CVC or CVCe words while others are working on reading and writing CVC and CVCe words.
IS THERE AN EXIT TICKET OR RESPONSE PAGE?
Yes, I have included a response page for the phonics games. This is a great opportunity to practice handwriting and encoding (writing the sounds students hear.) The response page is optional.
NOTE: If you are a member of the CLEVER SCHOOL TEACHER MEMBERSHIP Site, this file will be included in your 2021 – 2022 LOOT! Do not purchase this file as it is exactly the same.
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
“My students love these games. As a first-year RTI teacher, these were great! Engaging and fun for students while giving them the repetition they need. Loved the color and b&w option. I put the writing sheets in sheet protectors to save paper. Thanks!!”
“These games are such an engaging and fun way to practice our words! Thanks for sharing your ideas and work.”
“Love these phonics games and so glad to have some decoding word resources for my students for centers this year.”
There are no reviews yet.