Holidays Around the World! Travel around the world and see how other countries celebrate winter holidays. This unit of study includes 15 countries and the continent of Africa for a total of FIFTEEN-holiday studies. Best of all? It is ZERO Prep! So EASY!
Each winter holiday includes:
We have created a custom video with the holiday traditions and customs of each country. Real photographs are included in each of these kid-friendly videos. Your kindergarten and first-grade students will love them.
Each country has seven slides:
- Watch the video about the holiday in that country.
- Locate the country on the map.
- A slide for students to discuss, draw, and write about one of the holiday customs.
- Students will apply their phonics skills to complete the message. All of the facts are included in the video. This is a great reading comprehension activity.
- Students will look for the images that represent the customs from that holiday.
- Students will color the flag of that country.
- Students will write about what they learned about they have learned.
Each holiday custom has:
- A PowerPoint version for your interactive whiteboard.
- A preloaded Seesaw version complete with the video and audio directions for each slide.
- A preloaded google slide version complete with the video and audio directions for each slide.
This Holiday Around the World unit will discuss the following countries or continents:
- India (Diwali)
- Israel (Hanukkah)
- Africa- students will learn that Kwanzaa was created in order for African Americans to pay tribute to their African ancestors
- Afghanistan (Ramadan)
This is a digital version that co-created with Deanna Jump. You can find her ChitChat activities and crafts that accompany this unit by clicking:
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Katie says, “This was such a fun resource to use during the holiday season and during distance learning! My students enjoyed learning about the different holidays celebrated in each country. This resource was easily differentiated for all of the learners in my class. I highly recommend this product!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Half Teacher Half Crafter says, “This resource was AMAZING for Holidays Around The World. Thank you for making it easy for us to explore different places using Seesaw!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Angela says, “This resource was extremely helpful teaching Christmas Around the World. All the planning was done for me! My students learned so much and it was fun and engaging!”