Write the Room math and literacy activities are a great way to get your students up and moving during center time. These first grade centers will keep students engaged while practicing math and ELA skills.
These first grade math centers and first grade literacy centers are seasonal and have fun, themed activities for Easter, Spring and Earth Day.
Pull out your clipboards for students to use while walking around the room. First grade students will love these write the room centers!
APRIL – SPRING – EASTER – EARTH DAY
Literacy Write the Room Center Activities for First Grade
- Rainy Day Sight Words – This is an editable sight word activity. Add your own sight words! There are 2 response sheets for easy differentiation! Students will write the sight words or trace the sight words that are found around the classroom.
- Recycled Diphthongs – Students will say the word and highlight the missing diphthong, then write the whole word.
- Earthy Contractions – Students will say the words on the card and write the contraction they make on the response sheet.
- Gardening with Parts of Speech – Students will say the word and identify it as a verb or noun.
- Hot Air Punctuation- Students will read the sentence and highlight or color in the punctuation that belongs.
- Earthy Tenses – Students will say the verb given and identify it as past or present tense.
Math Write the Room Center Activities for First Grade
- Easter Order – Students will read the numbers and write them in numerical order.
- Eggtastic Number Bonds – Students will solve the number bonds and write an equation to match.
- Earthy Number Sentences – Students will solve for the missing number and write four equations that belong with that fact family.
- Spring Picnic Graphing – Students will count the groups of objects and represent them on the graphs given.
- Spring Picnic Number Sentences – Students will count the groups of objects and write an equation to match.
PREDICTABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
These write the room activities are purposefully predictable so you don’t need to teach new activities each month. In this way, students can work independently at their center and you can work with a group without interruptions.
Each center activity comes with a response sheet for students to complete. Students walk around the classroom, finding the cards that you placed throughout. This center activity is a fun way to practice those math skills and literacy skills!
EDITABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
Every month, there is an editable sight word center! Simply add the sight words you are working on with your first grade students, print the cards, and hang them throughout your classroom. There are 2 versions of the response sheet so you can easily differentiate for your first grade students.
❤️ Save more than 30% on the bundle!
Included in each month of first grade centers:
- Minimum 4 first grade math write the room centers
- Minimum 4 first grade literacy write the room centers
- Recording sheets for the activities
- “I Can” cards to help build student independence
What teachers are saying…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I already had three or four different bundles of write the room from other sellers, but I wasn’t loving them. I decided to give your’s a go and I LOVE IT! So easy to prep, love that I can edit the sight word one, love that it’s not just kids writing the words. They have to put a little work into completing the station correctly. Love everything about this!!” – Alisa R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE using this writing the room resource. It engages ALL learners and even my students with special needs are having a good time hunting for letters and CVC words. It can be adapted to all learning modalities. HIGHLY Recommend!!” – Teresa L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE write the room activities! These have been such an awesome addition to our daily centers. I love that the recording sheets are levelized. I can challenge my higher students, and offer support to my struggling students using the same activity. “ – Jessica L.