Write the Room math and literacy activities are a great way to get kindergarten students up and moving during center time. These kindergarten centers will keep students engaged while practicing math and ELA skills.
These kindergarten math centers and kindergarten literacy centers are seasonal and have fun, themed activities for Christmas and Winter.
Pull out your clipboards for students to use while walking around the room. Kindergarten students will love these write the room centers!
DECEMBER – CHRISTMAS – WINTER
Literacy Write the Room Center Activities for Kindergarten
- Sledding Sight Words – This is an editable sight word activity. Add your own sight words! There are 2 response sheets for easy differentiation! Students will write the sight words or trace the sight words that are found around the classroom.
- Stay Warm – Students read the letters and sort them by capital and lowercase. Students put the letters in order and write the letters on the snowballs. There are several response sheets.
- Winter Fun Beginning Sounds – Students will look at the picture and write the beginning sound. This is great for isolating initial sounds.
- Holiday Endings – Students will read the word and listen for the ending sound. On the response sheet, students will write the word and draw a picture.
- Snowball CVC Words – Students will say the word and listen for the middle sound. Students will color in the vowel sound on the response sheet and write the word.
Math Write the Room Center Activities for Kindergarten
- Snowflake Counting – Students count the objects in the ten frames and complete their own ten frames to match. Or, they can write the number word to match! Differentiated response sheets!
- Fishin’ for Addition – Students will count to see how many more of each object they need to make a ten then write the equation.
- Delicious Addition – Students count the pictures of objects and write an equation to match.
- Slippery Base 10 – Students count the base 10 blocks and write the number on the response sheet.
- Burr Beary Counting – Students say the numbers in order and then write them in order.
- Snowy Subtraction – Students count the pictures of objects and subtract the ones with an X on them. Students will write and solve an equation to match each picture.
PREDICTABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
These write the room activities are purposefully predictable so you don’t need to teach new activities each month. In this way, students can work independently at their center and you can work with a group without interruptions.
Each center activity comes with a response sheet for students to complete. Students walk around the classroom, finding the cards that you placed throughout. This center activity is a fun way to practice those math skills and literacy skills!
EDITABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
Every month, there is an editable sight word center! Simply add the sight words you are working on with your kindergarten students, print the cards, and hang them throughout your classroom. There are 2 versions of the response sheet so you can easily differentiate for your kindergarten students.
❤️ Save more than 30% on the bundle!
Write the Room Kindergarten Math and Literacy Centers Bundle
Included in each month of kindergarten centers:
- Minimum 4 kindergarten math write the room centers
- Minimum 4 kindergarten literacy write the room centers
- Recording sheets for the activities
- “I Can” cards to help build student independence
What teachers are saying…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I already had three or four different bundles of write the room from other sellers, but I wasn’t loving them. I decided to give your’s a go and I LOVE IT! So easy to prep, love that I can edit the sight word one, love that it’s not just kids writing the words. They have to put a little work into completing the station correctly. Love everything about this!!” – Alisa R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE using this writing the room resource. It engages ALL learners and even my students with special needs are having a good time hunting for letters and CVC words. It can be adapted to all learning modalities. HIGHLY Recommend!!” – Teresa L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE write the room activities! These have been such an awesome addition to our daily centers. I love that the recording sheets are levelized. I can challenge my higher students, and offer support to my struggling students using the same activity. “ – Jessica L.
There are no reviews yet.