Digital Morning Meetings for Kindergarten & 1st Grade | Full Year Bundle
Do you want to have the benefits of classroom morning meetings without all the planning and prep work? Well, we have you covered. Morning meetings are intended to bring students together for discussion and talk. Morning meetings work best when they are part of your classroom routine. These morning meetings are planned out for you. Each month has between 25-30 individual discussion and/or activity ideas for your morning meeting.
Since this resource is digital it is ready to use in the classroom or through distance learning. Keep the morning meeting routine consistent no matter where or how school is happening.
WHY ARE MORNING MEETINGS IMPORTANT?
- Morning meetings help build classroom community.
- Morning meetings help to establish consistent routines and expectations.
- Morning meetings help to encourage higher-level thinking.
- In morning meetings, students practice listening and speaking skills.
- Students will practice cooperative learning during morning meetings.
- These morning meetings are also paperless. No Prep, just project!
HERE ARE SOME MORNING MEETING ACTIVITIES YOU WILL FIND IN EACH MONTHLY MORNING MEETING POWERPOINT:
- Move the date into place.
- Move the day of the week into place.
- Move the weather icon into the calendar to record the daily weather.
- Select from one of 6 different discussion ideas for the day.
- This calendar is formatted so it can be used year after year.
DIGITAL WEATHER CHART:
- Move the image to graph the weather.
DIGITAL NUMBER OF THE DAY:
- Guess the number of the day (teacher or student can select)
- Determine and record if it is odd or even.
- Show the number on the ten frames
- Write the numbers that come before or after.
- Show the number of the day in tally marks.
DIGITAL HUNDREDS CHART/DAYS IN SCHOOL:
- Record the number of days in school on the 100’s chart and Days in School chart.
THEN EACH DAY, YOU CAN SELECT ONE OF THESE FUN MORNING MEETING DISCUSSION IDEAS TO COMPLETE WITH YOUR CLASS.
DIGITAL MAD LIBS:
5 fill-in-the-blank Mad lib stories that are thematic to each month. Students will practice with word categories like names, numbers, colors, verbs, nouns, favorite foods, and many more.
DIGITAL FUN FACTS:
Fun facts that are thematically linked to each month. This offers an opportunity to discuss these nonfiction topics.
DIGITAL PICTURE OF THE DAY:
Photographs that BEG to be discussed. Students will discuss the details they see and infer what they might think is going on in the picture. These morning meeting activities really strengthen partner and student discussion.
DIGITAL WHAT WOULD YOU DO?:
Character development prompts and scenarios for students to discuss with their partners. This is a wonderful way to build community.
DIGITAL QUESTION OF THE DAY:
These are academic questions for students to answer. There are separate questions for kindergarten and first grade.
DIGITAL I HAVE AN OPINION:
Students will express their opinion and provide reasons for their opinion. This is a great reinforcement that will come in handy when students are asked to write about their opinions.
These Morning Meeting PowerPoint files are ready to project onto your SmartBoard or interactive whiteboard. They can also be quickly loaded and used in Google Classroom. Fonts and images are embedded so you will not have formatting issues.
NOTE: This activity is intended to be completed with the support of the teacher. During morning meetings, the idea is to facilitate talk and discussion between students. This is not an activity that is “assigned” to kindergarten or first-grade students.
We have even included an instructional video and help guide if you need a little technical assistance.
These morning meeting ideas will free up your planning time while providing fun grade-level appropriate and engaging activities.
NOTE: If you were a member of the CLEVER SCHOOL TEACHER MEMBERSHIP Site, the August 2020 file is included in your LOOT! Each month you are a member, you will receive an additional month. Do not purchase this file again as it is exactly the same.