Listening centers are a great way to expose students to vocabulary and book skills. Your kindergarten students will love the books that are included in these listening response activities. School fun is just around the corner!
Increase your student’s independence and rigor with listening station response sheets that are specifically created for the text. These can also be used as part of your whole group instruction!
CLICK HERE TO READ HOW I USE THE LISTENING CENTER, PLUS HOW TO TURN THE CD’S INTO QR CODES.
These are some of the most requested back to school listening center books!
Books response pages and activities included are:
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn (1 response page, capital to lower letter matching page, letter to sound matching page)
- Cool Dog, School Dog by Deborah Heiligman (response page, rhyming page, letter to sound matching page)
- Under the Apple Tree by Steve Metzger (response page, capital to lower letter matching page, alphabet color page)
- I’m Your Bus by Marilyn Singer (1 response page, initial sounds page, alphabet color page)
- How Will I Get to School This Year? By Jerry Pallotta (2 response pages, initial sounds page)
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr. (1 response page, 5 various word work pages [alphabet/letter sounds] with differentiation)
- Bear Feels Scared by Karma Wilson (3 response pages, 2 initial sounds page)
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin, Jr. (1 response page, color sorting activity, color word writing [with 2 levels of differentiation], predictable sentence work.
How to use these listening center response pages:
- Provide a recorded version of the book. If you don’t have the book on CD or in one of the online book recordings, you can record yourself reading the book. Place the recording, book, and response pages in your listening center.
- If you have an instructional aide or parent volunteer, have them take a group and read the book to them. Then students can respond with one of the response pages.
- If you have a student who is on home study or is taking an extended trip, send the book and the response pages with them.
We hope you enjoy these listening center activities!
You can find other listening center response activities by clicking:
- LISTENING CENTER RESPONSE PAGES AND ACTIVITIES
What other teachers are saying:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐”I love how engaging your listening center activities are. Thanks!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐”Great resource. The listening center is always a favorite with my kinders. I love that this includes several of our beginning of kindergarten books, so the students are already familiar with them. They are always excited to “read” these books again on their own.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐”These Listen Up Packets make the listening center so much more effective.”