Back to school math and literacy centers for first grade!
8 math and 8 literacy stations that are perfect for the first month of the school year
“I Can” cards help students gain independence.
- Blending with Books (beginning blends sort literacy center)
- Ringing in the New School Year (ending sound sort literacy center)
- An Apple for the Teacher (ending digraph sound sort literacy center)
- Sticky Vowels (vowel sound sort literacy center)
- The Bus is Here! (beginning digraph sound sort literacy center)
- Sentences for August/September (sentence reading literacy center x 4)
- Color Me Happy Rhymes (Rhyming sounds literacy center-skills review)
- August/September Syllables (Syllable count literacy center)
- Making A Mark! (base 10 math center)
- 10 More or 10 Less (comparing numbers math center)
- Sharp as a Tack (making 20 math center)
- Whoo knows the sign? (more or less math center)
- Monster Math (addition math center)
- Shape Subtraction (subtraction math center)
- Telling Time (time math center)
- Number Bonds (completing number bonds math center)
These are very predictable centers. Each month will contain similar tasks and layouts. The skills will change and grow in complexity as the year continues. In this way, students will learn the skills at the center vs learning how the center works. This will equal student independence!
SAVE BY PURCHASING THE YEAR-LONG GROWING BUNDLE:
• Math and Literacy Center Activities 1st Grade Growing BUNDLE
DO YOU WANT TO SEE HOW I ORGANIZE THESE ACTIVITIES AND GRAB A FREE ORGANIZATION LABEL?
FREE CENTER ORGANIZATIONAL LABELS