These Valentine and Winter Math and Literacy Dice Centers are perfect for February. The pocket cubes are a perfect way to increase student engagement. They are so EASY to swap out each month. This will be a staple center in your kindergarten classroom where you can focus on literacy skills and math skills.
These January center activities have a few EDITABLE RESPONSE PAGES. In this way, you and target the exact skills you want your classroom OR individual student to focus on during their center time.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE VALENTINES AND DENTAL HEALTH THEMED LITERACY CENTERS:
- Sweet Dreams Dental Health Sounds: Short Vowel Sounds roll and write literacy center activity
- Sweet Dreams Dental Health Beginning L Blends Sounds word families roll and write literacy center activity
- Lovely Sounds: Ending Sounds 2 Different roll and write response page options. The response page is editable so you can target the ending sounds that fit your kindergarten kiddos needs.
- Blooming Words: Build CVC short e and short i words then write them as a real word or a nonsense word.
- Cupid’s Syllables: Students will listen for the syllables.
- Waking Up (Groundhog-themed sight word activity): This sight word center activity has an editable cube and response page.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS COVERED IN THESE VALENTINES AND DENTAL HEALTH THEMED MATH CENTERS:
- Sweet Treats Counting: Students will practice counting objects and recording their responses. EDITABLE
- Sweet Treats Before and After: Students will write the numbers that come before and after the number they rolled.
- Brusha! Brusha! Making 10: Students will complete the image to make 10. Then record their math number statement.
- Brusha! Brusha Addition: Students will create, record, and solve the equations.
- Counting Hearts: Counting on by 1. Students will record the number they rolled then count on.
- Counting Hearts: Counting on to 100. Students will continue to count on as they roll their way to 100.
- Snowman Adventures Tally Marks: Students will practice writing their numerals up to 20. This math center has an editable response page so you can target the numerals students need to practice.
- Snowman Adventures Comparing Tally Marks Students will read the tally marks then compare the amounts.
TOTALLY CUSTOMIZE THESE CENTER ACTIVITIES!
YOU to decide the skills you want your students to focus on. Editable response pages and interchangeable cards allow you to differentiate and focus your students’ practice work. YOU can select which letters, sounds, words, or numeracy skills you want your student to focus on during math centers or literary centers. Many provide a variety of levels for differentiation.
These kindergarten center activities are intentionally predictable. No surprises! In this way, you will free up instructional time so you can meet with your small groups. Meanwhile, your students will be working in a meaningful way during center time.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THE YEAR-LONG BUNDLE:
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE THE CUBES. THEY ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD.
You can purchase the cubes at teacher stores or you can buy them on Amazon.