Are you looking for Science of Reading phonics lessons to help your kindergarten students learn their letters and sounds? This Science of Reading Starting Strong Letters, Sounds, Blending, Decoding & Encoding is packed full of lesson plans, slides and resources for your whole-group phonics instruction and small-group lessons. This resource includes everything you need to START STRONG with Science of Reading best practices.
Science of Reading Starting Strong Curriculum contains components that are aligned to a SOR phonics-based, comprehensive scope & sequence. This SOR-based curriculum includes 54 explicit, science of reading aligned lessons that are done for you! The daily lessons cover phonemic awareness, a speech-to-print approach to introduce letters and their sounds, picture sorts, letter writing: explicit instruction on the path of motion using the included digital teaching slides that show the movement as kids follow along, blending and decoding routines that follow a systematic, explicit scope and sequence, orthographic word mapping, irregular high-frequency words instruction using the heart word method, dictation, student printables, and CONNECTED TEXT!
Science of Reading Starting Strong Curriculum includes daily Spiral review to help every student become a strong reader and writer. Each lesson builds upon previous learning. In these lessons, students will work on phonological awareness, letter-sound relationships, word awareness, decoding, and encoding. Blending phonemes practice is built into each lesson.
These 54 lessons will teach the 26 initial sounds and the alternate spelling of s (s spells /z/) with practice through CVC word reading, writing, blending, and segmenting.
- Systematic Scope & Sequence
- 54 easy-to-follow Lesson Plans in an editable format
- Daily Teaching Slides
- Daily Blending Slides with review of previously taught skills
- High Frequency Teaching Slides following the heart word method
- Slides with GIF format for letter formation so students can follow along with the slides and form letters correctly
- Printable charts that show the proper letter formation & mouth formation when making the sound
- Student Printables
- Connected Text – These student books are perfect for continual practice or homework
- Digital and Printable Sound Sorts
EVERYTHING you need to Start the year off Strong!
Check out the preview for more detailed description