Science of Reading-based activities! These decodable flip-to-review sentences are great for your literacy small groups! Students have fun reading and decoding the words and revealing the picture at the end.
There are decodable sentences included for students to practice. Each set of sentences is 70% decodable which means students will feel successful. This 70% decodable text threshold is supported by the Science of Reading approach to reading instruction.
HOW TO USE THIS DECODABLE SENTENCE RESOURCE:
- Intervention Group – Daily practice to support fluency!
- Small Group Warm-Up Activity – Students work on reading the sentences and building fluency.
- Literacy Center Task – Students match the decodable sentences with the image. There is an optional response page so students can record a few of the sentences they read. This response page includes a checklist so students can monitor their writing conventions:
- Capital Letters
- Neat letter formation and handwriting
- Spaces between their words
Here are the skills covered in this bundle:
- CVC Words (Available Now) 48 decodable sentences
- Beginning Digraphs (Available Now) 30 decodable sentences
- Ending Digraphs (Available Now) 34 decodable sentences
- Beginning L Blends (Available Now) 24 decodable sentences
- Beginning R Blends (Available Now) 24 decodable sentences
- Beginning S Blends (Available Now) 26 decodable sentences
- NK/NG Endings (Available Now) 24 decodable sentences
- CVCE (Available Now) 28 decodable sentences
Here is what other teachers are saying about these sentences:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Emily H. says, “I have one student in particular that really needed some extra support in decoding and making meaning. This bundle is perfect for that. He loves flipping different flaps and then putting the words together to make a meaningful sentence. What a great way to practice!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Celia H. says, “I use these in a variety of ways ( small group, individual, centers). I love her SOR [Science of Reading] resources They provided continued review and practice for my class.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Jennifer H. says,”I love how this resource can be used for all my children and in their classes! My 2nd graders are struggling readers, and this has been a huge help to boost their confidence. As another review mentioned, cutting off the picture for the students to find after reading the sentence has all been a game changer for my small group activities. Can’t wait for the additional files to arrive!”
There are no reviews yet.