Science of Reading Webinar Series Videos on Demand
NOTE: This series is a recording of live session that took place in Feb/March of 2022. The videos have not been edited, but you may pause and rewind the videos as you wish. Since these have not been rerecorded, I am offering them at a very discounted rate. Join my email list so you never miss a free training!
Video #1 Let’s Prep! Research
- Research behind the Science of Reading
- Let’s observe where we were and where we are going
- I will provide an umbrella view of the 5 essential routines you’ll want to include in your instruction. Each one of these routines will be discussed at greater length and detail in the subsequent webinar sessions
Video #2 A Dash of Phonemic Awareness
- What is phonemic awareness and what it is not
- Phonemic awareness is the secret sauce found in the Science of Reading
- Get actionable suggestions for your classroom instruction
Video #3 A Heaping Amount of Phonics
- What should phonics instruction look like?
- How to teach your high-frequency words WITH your phonics instruction.
- Get 5actionable suggestions for your classroom instruction
Video #4 Folding in Small Group Instruction with Decodable Texts
- What is the difference between leveled texts and decodable readers?
- Examine a lesson plan format for decodable readers
- Get actionable suggestions for your classroom instruction (even if you are required to use leveled readers in your classroom
Video # 5 Baking Comprehension into your Day
- Where does reading comprehension fit into a kindergarten and first grade classroom?
- How to embed vocabulary instruction so it is not something “extra”?
- Get actionable steps for your classroom
Certificates for over 5 hours of Professional Development*
*Please check with your district requirements prior to purchasing
Watch these videos as often as you like.
Join our Facebook Group for Q & A’s
You may not:
Share these videos without purchasing an additional license.
Place this document on a shared website (Weebly, school servers, shared cloud storage)