Write the Room math and literacy activities are a great way to get your students up and moving during center time. These first grade centers will keep students engaged while practicing math and ELA skills.
These first grade math centers and first grade literacy centers are seasonal and have fun, themed back-to-school activities.
Pull out your clipboards for students to use while walking around the room. First grade students will love these write the room centers!
AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER – Back to School
Literacy Write the Room Center Activities for First Grade
- Colorful Sight Words – This is an editable sight word activity. Add your own sight words! There are 2 response sheets for easy differentiation! Students will write the sight words or trace the sight words that are found around the classroom.
- Beanbag Blends – Students read the word and listen for the beginning blend sound. Students will color the blend and write the word on the response sheet.
- Bus Ride Sounds – Students read the picture word and listen for the beginning, middle and ending sound. Students will shade in the correct letters and write the word.
- Pencil in the Sounds – Students read the word and identify the beginning sound. Students will write the word on the response sheet.
- Scratch Paper Rhymes – Students read the picture and color the word that rhymes.
- School Time Sentences – Students read the sentence and write it on the response sheet.
Math Write the Room Center Activities for First Grade
- Numbers to 120– Students look at the card and fill in the missing numbers on the response sheet.
- Place Value Expand It! – Students count the tens and ones and write an equation to add them.
- Add or Subtract It? – Students read the problem and add the correct symbol to make the number sentence true.
- Roll and Subtract – Students roll a die and then solve the problem on the response sheet.
PREDICTABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
These write the room activities are purposefully predictable so you don’t need to teach new activities each month. In this way, students can work independently at their center and you can work with a group without interruptions.
Each center activity comes with a response sheet for students to complete. Students walk around the classroom, finding the cards that you placed throughout. This center activity is a fun way to practice those math skills and literacy skills!
EDITABLE CENTER ACTIVITIES
Every month, there is an editable sight word center! Simply add the sight words you are working on with your first grade students, print the cards, and hang them throughout your classroom. There are 2 versions of the response sheet so you can easily differentiate for your first grade students.
❤️ Save more than 30% on the bundle!
Included in each month of first grade centers:
- Minimum 4 first grade math write the room centers
- Minimum 4 first grade literacy write the room centers
- Recording sheets for the activities
- “I Can” cards to help build student independence
What teachers are saying…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I already had three or four different bundles of write the room from other sellers, but I wasn’t loving them. I decided to give your’s a go and I LOVE IT! So easy to prep, love that I can edit the sight word one, love that it’s not just kids writing the words. They have to put a little work into completing the station correctly. Love everything about this!!” – Alisa R.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE using this writing the room resource. It engages ALL learners and even my students with special needs are having a good time hunting for letters and CVC words. It can be adapted to all learning modalities. HIGHLY Recommend!!” – Teresa L.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students LOVE write the room activities! These have been such an awesome addition to our daily centers. I love that the recording sheets are levelized. I can challenge my higher students, and offer support to my struggling students using the same activity. “ – Jessica L.