Just Going to the Dentist Lesson Plan Ideas for Kindergarten and1st grade.
Just Going to the Dentist Lesson Ideas: Reading Comprehension
I love Little Critter books!
The students did a great job of making predictions! Making predictions is something that we naturally do during our first reading of the book.
On the second day, we do some retelling! The students put these images in sequential order.
As the week progresses, we continue with various comprehension discussions and writing.
Just Going to the Dentist Lesson: Craft
Of course, we want to have a little craft. You could add the sentence study to this activity!
You can find all of the activities listed above by clicking:
Just Going to the Dentist Lesson Ideas: Science Extention
We also looked into the importance of brushing our teeth!
and then we wrote about it.
You can find this activity by clicking below:
Additional Center Ideas for February
Here are some center ideas for February. If you click on the pictures, it will take you to the unit.
This is the student writing center for February.
In this center, students work on building and writing sentences.
We love to play card games. HINT: Teach them the game, then offer lots to themes. That way the students will have a lot of practice but will stay engaged with the “brand new game!”
Dental Health Themed: Morning Work
This sentence activity is a morning work constant! Students know what to do and they love illustrating the sentence. This is great for handwriting practice!
You may download these lesson plans for kindergarten PDF or an editable template. I have used Hello Literacy Fonts (which are free for non-commercial use). You may want to download her fonts and install them on your computer first. This way the formatting will not be off. Naturally, you can change the fonts if you prefer.
- Do you need help in editing these visual lesson plans? Click: Tech Support for Teachers
- Download these plans by clicking HERE or on the image below.
WANT TO SEE OTHER LESSON PLANS LIKE THIS?
To see additional Lesson Plan Posts like this, click HERE.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- How I manage stations (Click HERE to view)
- How to introduce stations at the beginning of the year
- What does a guided reading lesson look like
- Literacy station ideas
- Math station ideas
- Early Finishers “I’m DONE!”
- Writers workshop nuts and bolts
- Reading workshop nuts and bolts
- Math workshop questions answered
- Classroom behavior and expectations
- Organizing for Instruction (click HERE to view)
- Guided Reading 2 Day Lesson Plans