These Math and Literacy games for kindergarten make the perfect activity for centers! These activities are a fun and engaging way for students to practice math and literacy skills.
Monthly themes make these games fun throughout the entire year! The back-to-school theme for August is perfect for the beginning of the school year.
HOW TO USE THESE BUMP MATH AND LITERACY GAMES:
- Small Group Reading Warm-Up Activity
- Literacy Center Partner Games
- Reading or Math Intervention Activities
- Early Finisher Activities and Games
- Rainy Day Recess Games
WHY GAME-BASED LEARNING?
Game-based learning provides practice and mastery through repetition! These game-based learning activities allow the students to master the structure of the game while the math and literacy skills change to match your scope and sequence or differentiation needs. Research shows students have an extended time and engagement on task and takes the students to an active learning state instead of passive learning state… OH! And GAMES ARE FUN!
Not sure how to play BUMP? Click HERE to see it in a blog post.
Each game follows the same format, so you just have to teach it once. Then swap out the skills. Easy to differentiate for your classroom.
SAVE BIG WITH THE BUNDLE:
Math and Literacy Activities | Kindergarten Center Games Bump Bundle
Each month contains 10 games in all with “I can” cards to support student independence.
Would you like to try a sample for FREE? Click HERE
AUGUST MATH AND LITERACY CENTER ACTIVITIES
- Capital/lowercase letters word study BUMP game X 3
- Beginning sounds word study BUMP game x 3
- Syllables word study BUMP game
- Rhyming word study BUMP game
- Numbers 1-5 math BUMP game x 2
- Counting 1-5 math BUMP game x 2
- 2D shapes math BUMP game
The phonics games were updated to reflect the Engaging Readers Phonics Curriculum. Here are the phonics games that are included:
- Painting Matching Letters: Letter Identification and Initial Sounds: t, a, b, h
- Writing Up Matching Letters: Letter Identification and Initial Sounds: n, m, r, l
- Lunch Time Matching Letters: Letter Identification and Initial Sounds: i, m, b, h (Review Week – except for letter i)
SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THESE BUMP GAMES!
Jamie says, “My students absolutely LOVE these game boards for practicing their math and literacy concepts. I LOVE the new things for each month that make it easy to swap out materials.”
Justine says, “A must have for the classroom!!! Kids LOVE this game, so easy to switch content without having to reteach them how to play. “
Tales of a Countryside Teacher says, “Who doesn’t love BUMP? My students always ask to play this game time and time again. What a fun and engaging way for students to practice math and literacy skills.”
There are no reviews yet.