These kindergarten literacy centers are hands-on learning that you can use at ANY TIME of the year. This set of long vowel word family centers offers 15 individual practice sets for independent center time. You will love these non-seasonal, low prep activities!
Adorable themes keep students engaged but you don’t have to worry about matching your centers to seasonal themes.
Clear student directions with visual “I CAN” cards for each task will keep your students working independently during center time.
How do these kindergarten literacy centers differ from others? These literacy centers offer a multitude of ways to practice rhyming. Each set will offer 8 – 12 hands-on tasks for the students to complete. Our goal here is to never hear, “I’m DONE!” during center time. We want to give students plenty of opportunities to practice long vowel word families.
Additionally, these literacy centers are not tied to a season so you can rotate these rhyming literacy centers and anytime during your kindergarten year!
You may decide to have students spirally review long vowel word families. all year! These center activities will keep these essential kindergarten skills current and ongoing! Practice makes permanent!
Here is what you find in this set long vowel word family literacy centers for kindergarten.
- Each center has 8-12 questions that provide lots of practice!
- “I Can” card which provides visual directions that emergent readers can use independently
- Student response sheet
What are some other ways to use kindergarten literacy centers? These activities were created for kindergarten students to use during center time. However, you can also use them as morning work, small group instruction, interventions, or even an assessment! Some teachers send a set of centers home to be used as a homework activity.
This Kindergarten Literacy Center Pack Includes 15 fun and engaging kindergarten activities:
- Painting Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Building Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Snapshots Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Creekside Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Park Friends Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Digging Up Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Royal Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort
- Tea Party Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort\
- Building Long Vowels Literacy Centers! Sort and Identify the vowel literacy center sort (3 literacy center versions)
- Solve the vowel puzzle literacy center (3 literacy center versions)
These literacy centers were created so they could be used at any time in the year. In other words, these literacy centers are not tied to a monthly theme. This will allow you to differentiate your center times.
Prep is quick and easy… Just print the student pages, gather the materials listed, and you’re ready for a fun and engaging class!
NOTE: These literacy centers are purposefully predictable! Once your kindergarten students understand the format of these activities, you can simply switch out the skill and you don’t need to reteach the activity! SCORE! (Go ahead… do the happy dance.)
Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAY…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jessica S. says, “I love that these are done by skill rather than by theme. I am excited to be able to find activities for rhyming (for example), that doesn’t have to be used at a specific time of year. I can’t wait to use them with my students this year.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ LeQuita G. says, “Easy to use consistently so you do not have to reteach every month.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer T. says, “Students loved the activities and I loved how it allows them to be independent :)”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Primary Sunshine says,“LOVE THESE!!! Easy to pull out and set up and my students can work independently on them. So great!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nancy S. says, “Another great resource to add to my centers! My Kinders will love the variety and I love how easy you make it to help them build their independence! ❤️”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kris J. says, “I was struggling to find resources to support my K-1 ELA students. This bundle was exactly what I needed! Every activity is engaging and purposeful. My kids LOVE the activities.”
Copyright © Deedee Wills
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.