Roses are Pink Lesson Ideas for Kindergarten and First Grade! Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink is a great book to read around Valentine’s Day.
Roses are Pink Lesson Ideas: Reading Comprehension
This is a wonderful book to read around Valentine’s Day. It offers opportunities to talk about kindness and forgiveness!
Here are some of the reading comprehension lessons that you can do!
Students made predictions!
Students also discussed the problems and solutions in this story!
Roses are Pink Lesson Ideas: Video
I love this version of the read aloud on YouTube!
Extension Art Activity
Students worked hard on a Valentine selfie… then used different word cards to write their Valentine’s Day message.
All of these activities are in our Engaging Readers reading comprehension lesson plans:
- Engaging Readers: February (Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink lesson ideas are included in this unit)
You may download these lesson plans for kindergarten PDF or an editable template. I have used Hello Literacy Fonts (which are free for non-commercial use). You may want to download her fonts and install them on your computer first. This way the formatting will not be off. Naturally, you can change the fonts if you prefer.
- Do you need help with editing these visual lesson plans? Click: Tech Support for Teachers
- Download these plans by clicking HERE or on the image below.
WANT TO SEE OTHER LESSON PLANS LIKE THIS?
To see additional Lesson Plan Posts like this, click HERE.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- How I manage stations (Click HERE to view)
- How to introduce stations at the beginning of the year
- What does a guided reading lesson look like
- Literacy station ideas
- Math station ideas
- Early Finishers “I’m DONE!”
- Writers workshop nuts and bolts
- Reading workshop nuts and bolts
- Math workshop questions answered
- Classroom behavior and expectations
- Organizing for Instruction (click HERE to view)