100 Days Smarter Activities Ideas for the 100th Day of School. Books, Videos, and Center Ideas for Kindergarten and First Grade Classrooms!
There are so many great ideas out there for the 100th Day of School. Only primary teachers know that this is a BIG DEAL!
NOTE: This is an updated post for 2012.
100 Days Smarter Activities: Books
Here are a few of my 100th Day of School books (I know… hoarder… right?) Some of these books are great for your emergent readers and some are great for a whole class read-aloud.
100 Days Smarter Activities: Whole Class Read Aloud
- 100 Snowmen (shows equations=awesome!)
- Jake’s 100th Day of School
- Wolf’s Chicken Stew
- 100th Day Worries
- Planet Kindergarten: 100 Days in Orbit
- 100 Days of Cool (MathStart 2)
- One Hundred Hungry Ants
100 Days Smarter Activities: Favorite Characters and Emergent Readers
- I’ll Teach My Dog 100 Words easy reader
- One Hundred Shoes easy reader
- Fluffy’s 100th Day of School
- The 100th Day of School easy reader
- Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of School
- Emily’s First 100 Days
- Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School easy reader
- The Night Before the 100th Day of School
- 100 Days of School
100 Days Smarter Activities: Videos
Here are a few of these books on video. (Seriously love this book!)
And if you are looking for some counting practice!
And if you need to get some wiggles out, this will do the trick!
100 Days Smarter Activities: Additional Activities
We do a lot of counting on the 100th Day of School! I had my class use the 100’s chart to keep track!
We also do compare amounts. Students could use the 100’s chart or the could organize their counting with this counting mat. Then they complete the response page.
Students also compare the weights to two cups filled with various items (in the amount of 100… naturally!)
The ever fun… Write to 100! You can add a die to make it a partner activity.
And this Race to 100 game is a great way to practice using tally marks.
You can find all of the 100’s Day activities and response pages by clicking”