Kindergarten Halloween Activities
Fun Halloween Activities for kindergarten and first grade! Students have fun practicing math and literacy skills with these printable and digital Halloween activities.
Kids love getting into the Halloween spirit! I seriously think it might be their favorite holiday throughout the year. They start talking about their costumes in August!
Halloween in the classroom is a blast… but it is also exhausting! I have some fun ideas to combine Halloween fun with skills practice. Your kindergarten kids will love these easy prep activities during this spooky season.
In this math center, we offer differentiated choices in a fun way. Some students will be working on number recognition while others will be working on other number concepts like addition or subtraction. This is one of our favorite Halloween activities because they are racing toward the finish line which is the haunted house. You can use mini erasers as game pieces too if you wish.
Halloween Activities for Kindergarten – Digital Centers
If you haven’t tried out Boom cards yet, you are missing out! These self-correcting, digital activities are tons of fun and great to keep students engaged while reviewing and practicing various skills. kindergarten students will love these Halloween-themed activities.
Would you like your students to practice some math skills? There are Boom decks for that too! This little guy is practicing subtraction with Halloween candy to solve word problems in the Boom deck, Candy Subtraction.
In the October bundle of Boom Decks, you will find some Halloween theme activities, but others are fall themed.
- Making Hay Alphabetic Order for uppercase letters
- Matching Color works and objects
- Batty sentence building
- Pumpkin time sight words
- Candy apple beginning sounds
- Pumpkin patch harvest ABC order for lowercase letters
- Comparing Lengths with Halloween Themed Items like candy corn and spiders, witches hats, and pumpkins.
- Comparing Objects by placing the items that are bigger in the trick-or-treat bucket.
- Counting objects – pumpkin seeds
- Counting birds and matching them with apples
- Scarecrow comparing objects with more or fewer
- Hayride addition strategies
- Acorn Collecting CVC Words First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Sunflower Blends First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Haunted Digraphs First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Raking Sight Words First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Parts of Speech in the Fall First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Spooky Sentences First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Balance Equations First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Candy Subtraction First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Balancing Pumpkins First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Subtracting Leaves First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Add & Subtract in Fall First Grade Boom Card Activities
- Starry Word Problems First Grade Boom Card Activities
These Seesaw Math and Literacy Centers make a great Halloween activity for your iPads or Google Classroom tasks.
These Seesaw centers can be loaded with just 1 link! Easy Halloween Activity PREP = the BEST Halloween activities EVER! Plus, the y are so much fun! They check off each activity after they complete it.
You can find these Halloween centers here:
Halloween Printable Centers
Digital activities are fun, but sometimes you need good old paper and pencil (and crayon) literacy activities! I love these roll, read, and write activities! Plus, they are editable! It is a perfect way to focus your instruction to match your classroom needs. Students can practice sight words…
or letters! Adding the dice is a great way to drive up engagement. The best part is students think of these fun activities as games, so they stay focused longer. That is sort of a miracle at this exciting time of the year.
Halloween Sentence Writing Activities
I have about a million of these sentence writing activities! Pretty much some for every holiday and season there is! But, the kids never get tired of them. Students practice their handwriting while also improving their fine motor skills. The Halloween set is perfect to throw into a center bin… or use as morning work!
Kid illustrations are the best!
Halloween Math Fluency Game
With this math fluency game, students practice numbers to 10, simple addition, and subtraction! Oh, and it’s editable so you can add your own equations.
I have put together a list of some of my favorite October activities and Halloween books for read alouds . You can find each blog post and more free files below:
- 25 Favorite Halloween Read Alouds
- Fun Kindergarten Bat Activities And Lesson Plan Ideas (Free File)
- Room On The Broom Lesson Ideas (Free Printable Too)
Happy Halloween, friends!
Free Halloween Printable Files
I promised you a free file. So, here you go! Add your email to the box and free Halloween printables will be sent to your inbox!