Handwriting practice and instruction is here! Fluently being able to write letters leads to great gains in reading. Brain research supports the need for explicit handwriting and path of motion instruction and links proper handwriting to better student writing results! Quick, concise, easy to implement! My kind of handwriting instruction.
THIS HANDWRITING INSTRUCTION INCLUDES:
- Path of Motion Cards with a script for handwriting instruction for each letter
- Handwriting practice pages (Capital & Lowercase, Just Capital, Just Lowercase)
- Optional handwriting practice pages with parent instructions (Capital & Lowercase, Just Capital, Just Lowercase)
- Handwriting fluency practice to build muscle memory
- Parent letter explaining the importance of handwriting fluency and the correct path of motion.
- Minute to Win It! This is a quick handwriting fluency activity. Students progress at their own speed.
Additionally, research states that students should continue to practice handwriting daily in kindergarten and first grade. Those students who are not proficient with handwriting are statistically more likely to struggle with writing skills such as composition.
HANDWRITING LESSONS IS NOT JUST ONE MORE THING!
When you teach students handwriting while teaching phonics, students will build muscle memory kinesthetically. Leading to great retention.
WHY WE LOVE MINUTE TO WIN IT!
This allows students to build efficient path of motion while focusing on one letter at a time. Here is how it works:
- Students self select a letter based on their own progress punch card.
- Students quickly complete one line of practice to be sure they have the correct letter formation motion.
- Students are given 1 minute to complete the rest of the handwriting page.
- If they reach the bottom of the page while demonstrating the correct path of motion, they receive a punch on their letter punch card.
- Students then take the Minute to Win It sheet home for an optional practice. They simple trace over the letter with a crayon or marker.
SORRY, THIS HANDWRITING SET OF WORKSHEETS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN D’NEALIAN.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO READ MORE ON HANDWRITING LESSONS AND THE RESEARCH THAT SUPPORTS HANDWRITING INSTRUCTION?
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Kathleen says, “This is a GODSEND! Every year my incoming First Graders struggle with handwriting. I have become increasingly frustrated with the programs/books I have purchased in the past because my students never really made progress. This program is different because each letter is specifically represented by itself first; once mastery has been accomplished, THEN students move on to words.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Alexis says, “I love the layout of these – so clear and easy to follow. The homework is great! I had some parents that want to focus on handwriting at home with their child, and I was having to create it each week – now, thanks to you – it’s done!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michelle says, “I love the variety of worksheets as well as wall cards that go with them. I always struggle with kids coming in that have “learned” to write by tracing letters and not following the correct process. This does a thorough job of teaching the process with starting points and directional arrows. With teacher lessons and continued support, these kids are finally writing correctly.”